Skip to main content

Writing CV

Mild-mannered professional Linguist by day, crime-fighting writer and editor by night. Currently protecting the mean streets of Dublin from bad content.


"She's one of the good ones" - FringePig
"Best. Review. Ever." - @ObjectiveTalent
"This interview has won #edfringe" - @FredRAlexander
"I think this is the nicest review I've ever received." - @DouglasSits
"Do you give lessons? Jus askin..." - @RockyFlintstone

FedEx Digital Infinite Beta blog - 2017
I worked with FedEx Digital as a Technical Copywriter (more info on my LinkedIn Profile) and produced sassy content for their Infinite Beta blog. The tone here is informal and personable, the aim being to show some personality and attract future team members to the company.

3di Technical Communications - 2014 to 2016
I worked with 3di as a Technical Writer (more info on my LinkedIn Profile) and produced marketing content for their blog. These articles are now attributed to someone else, which is a bit cheeky.

The Skinny - 2011 to present
Unofficial titles include 'Alpha-writer', 'Senior Section Writer' and 'Han Solo'. Comedy reviews, previews, interviews, and the odd foray into Tech and Magic in one of Scotland's best and most widely-read cultural magazines.

Quill - Global Content Creators - 2014
SEO Copywriting for online platforms. Editorial blog posts, brand descriptors, Careers outlines and holiday destination guides written to house style and with keywords implemented as per the brief.


Student writing - 2010 to 2014

Editing - 2013 to 2015
  • Broadway Baby - Comedy editor, Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2013
  • EUSci - Copy editor, 2013-2015
  • Peer Proofreader for non-native English speaking student essays - 2014
Other
My broad interest in messing about with words led me to learn French both in English schools and Provençal farm-houses. I am working on my knowledge of Machine Learning, Python, SQL and bouldering. I do not actually fight crime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "9ème art" of the Graphic Novel

Images from the Cité du Livre website Festival de Bande Dessinée, Cité du Livre, Aix-en-Provence For some reason I've never been here before. For some reason it's taken this bibliophile seven months to figure out that there is a place in Aix-en-Provence devoted to literature, a place whose name in Google Translate produces variations on the theme of Book City, Book Estate and Book Ghetto. The books, they are huge. We have discussed before how I feel about books. Books which I recently blabbered about in a vlog are here reproduced in thirty-foot-high concrete form and act as a simple external wall to the Book Ghetto. They are huge. I felt a few tears when I first saw them. Hidden unjustly away behind the gare routière , the Cité du Livre played host this month to a graphic novel festival whose speakers ranged from authors to graffiti artists, and whose slightly shabby walls were transformed into booths full of first drafts, coloured panels and authors' not

Wild and Free!

     Well, perhaps not strictly free, I'm yet to ask the owners' permission...      I've mentioned before the abundance of weird and wonderful fruit growing around Aix- while at home we're surrounded by blackberries and maybe the occasional sloe, the South of France's climate and soil mean the local flora are just about as strange and foreign as the University system.           First up is the humble fig. These are a long way off being ripe, but I always check them anyway on my way into Uni. The tree is in someone's garden but hangs over onto the road quite a bit, and, as my good friend Steph pointed out, for some reason smells like coconut. Both this and all the chestnut trees around make me a little nostalgic of my days as a Wwoofeuse near Alès.      I think these are walnuts, although I don't have my Kernel Identification badge so my quick Google search will have to suffice for now. These were spotted on my way to the supermarket,